ddung - The Future Miss Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about Ddung's N. American web site

3 posters

Go down

Questions about Ddung's N. American web site Empty Questions about Ddung's N. American web site

Post  SydneyGrey Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:24 pm

I was browsing through Ddung's North American site and there isn't a whole lot on there. I hope someone can help me with some questions.
My main question is, if you buy a doll from that site, where will the doll be shipped FROM? Will it still be shipped from S. Korea? The site doesn't say. I'm in the USA, so if the dolls are shipped from the USA then my wait time won't be long at all. I don't guess I could be lucky enough for Ddung to have a North American distributor, eh?

Also, why do they use the names "DeeDee" and "Mini DeeDee"? Is DeeDee how they translated the name Ddung into English? (Sorry for my ignorance, here. I'm just wildly curious.)

I noticed the limited edition section of the site, with a bunch of extreme cuteness ready for you to adopt for an insane price. There are more limited edition dolls than there are in the main "DeeDee" section! The limited edition dolls are MORE THAN TWICE the price of the mainline dolls. Ack!!! I know a lot of collectibles companies do this kind of thing with limited editions, so I'm not surprised by it. ... I just wanted to comment on it. I would love to have the one they're calling "Cute Bear," but I can't afford an $86 price tag for one doll (U.S. dollars).
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Questions about Ddung's N. American web site Empty Re: Questions about Ddung's N. American web site

Post  TrueFan Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:59 pm

I am surprised to see it is still in business. I run a convention for Pullip and Dal dolls from Groove/Jun Planning. Last year I decided to buy a few ddung dolls to sell at the event (Earplug Santa and Hip Hop were left over from that). Later on I contacted the company behind ddung for assisstance in writing an article for a doll magazine (it should be published in Dolls within the next few months). Anyway, at that time the official company told me that the North American site was selling knock-off ddung dolls in addition to the real thing and so were no longer the official NA site. The dolls I received last year were shipped from Canada, but I have not purchased any since then.

Ddung's nickname is DeeDee. She has a whole backstory, and that's part of it. (She also wants to be Miss Korea one day, hence the name of this forum. Laughing )

The limited editions are a lot more expensive than the regular dolls. I think ddung is very popular in Korea.

I just bought the Alice couple from Korean ebay seller starhero51. They were well packed and came pretty quickly, and at good price.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Questions about Ddung's N. American web site Empty Re: Questions about Ddung's N. American web site

Post  SydneyGrey Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks for your answers!

I looked at the web site again. I found a phone number on there, and looked up the area code online to see where it is. It seems to be the area code from Toronto, Canada. (Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was curious where in Canada they were shipping from.)
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bama Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:42 am

Good questions and good info too!

Bama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down