ddung - The Future Miss Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need quotations about ddung from fans for an article

3 posters

Go down

I need quotations about ddung from fans for an article Empty I need quotations about ddung from fans for an article

Post  TrueFan Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 am

I originally started this forum when I was writing an article about ddung dolls for Doll Reader Magazine. I wanted an English language forum to refer fans to.

Doll Reader and Dolls magazines merged, and the article was delayed for over a year. It is now scheduled to be published in the March 2013 Dolls issue. I am updating the text of the article.

One thing I did not include in the original article was quotations from fans. I'd love to do so now. If you are willing, please PM your real name to me, and post any comments you have on this thread. Some questions to consider answering:

1. Why Ddee? There are a lot of dolls out there seeking your attention. What is special about ddung?

2. What are you doing with your ddung doll? Are you making clothing for her, customizing her faceup, travelling with her, taking photos of her, or ...?

3. What kind of ddung models would you like to see in the future?

Thanks!!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

I need quotations about ddung from fans for an article Empty Re: I need quotations about ddung from fans for an article

Post  applecandy Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:20 pm

I quote myself from the other thread, since I think this says it all. Smile

applecandy wrote:I like Ddung for her very cute face and for her nicely detailed outfits.
She's a well balanced doll with a simple face and quite detailed outfits.
She's also a good compromise between an effordable doll and a collectible one.

Her simple body and head really reminds of old type plastic dolls, and her simple poses really makes someone think of a little child. I think that would have been not the same if she had a super poseable body!

About the smell of her plastic materials coming out when you open her box, I felt exactly the same sensation that I used to feel when I bought a plastic doll during my childhood. That was very nostalgic, and pleasant on one side. On the other side I wondered if it means the used materials are cheap and even if they are toxic. But being a fine quality product I hope I should not worry about toxicity or she has been retired from ages.

I also like that she comes in different hair colors. This counter balances the lack of different hair styles. I had liked more hairstyles.
What I like the least is that her face is the same in any model and that her irises come in only one color. I like that her eyes are mainly black with brown irises, but I had liked a larger choice on different colors and a few different mouth shapes. This almost makes me think I'm buying the same doll many times, especially if the hair color is the same on more models. On the other side I love that her eyes are black and brown and not the usual blue we have been used to see on Barbie for ages. The good thing on small variety is that this helps me to keep my wishlist shorter.

I'll report also another person's opinion that I think could be interesting.
A friend of mine hates dolls, she even has a phobia on most of dolls, but she likes Ddung! She even considered to get one.
My friend says that Ddung is what she intends a doll should be: a simple and cute face, not wanting to resemble reality, but simply being a cute, simple, adorable toy, as the old ragdolls used to be.

And to reply to your questions:

1. As told above. But they are not the only dolls I collect.

2. I only take photos and keep my Ddung dolls in their custom outfits. I admit they do not inspire me to sew new clothes (as Dals do instead), maybe that's because they are not supposed to be customized. They look adorable when posed in group, so they are cute to be photographed in group in their simple but still lovely poses.

3. Not sure, maybe Loli (and country loli) style and historical costumes, or animal hoodies combined with cute dresses, or cake inspired dresses.
applecandy
applecandy

Back to top Go down

I need quotations about ddung from fans for an article Empty Re: I need quotations about ddung from fans for an article

Post  Originalluff Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:12 pm

1. Why Ddee? There are a lot of dolls out there seeking your attention. What is special about ddung?
One of the things I like least about dolls from my country is that they're all the same. Tall, slim teenagers with shopping bags on their arms, decked out in bright neon pink miniskirts. They're all marketed toward the same age demographic, so every company is constantly trying to out-do each other with new and amazing things to win over the attention of the consumer. I like being able to buy a doll from another country where I don't feel pressure to cash in on a franchise, or take part in the "look at me, look at me!" war. Sure, the commercials, and the secondary products may exist, but I can't see them. All I see are the adorable little dolls, and her clothes. Its up to me to decide who she is and what she does.

2. What are you doing with your ddung doll? Are you making clothing for her, customizing her faceup, travelling with her, taking photos of her, or ...?
Taking photos is generally my favorite thing to do with Dee. I enjoy creating scenes, or stories, and collecting tiny props to use in my photos. Making clothes and accessories comes in close second. I enjoy emulating the styles and dresses that Ddung has already put out to see if I can come up with something just as cute.

3. What kind of ddung models would you like to see in the future?
I would love to see Ddung dolls with different expressions. Currently we have the common open eyed face, the slightly less common Ddung with the little frown, and then Bongu with his wide smirk. I would love to see a sleeping Ddung face, or perhaps one with a tiny little tongue sticking out a'la raspberries.

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks for the replies! Originalluff - can I use your real name?
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Originalluff Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

I knew I forgot something. I pmed you!

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm

applecandy and Originalluff - you are both quoted in the article! Unfortunately it is online only. You can buy a digital copy for $1.99. Thanks again for your help.
http://shop.dollsmagazine.com/back-issues.html?cat=6
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down