ddung - The Future Miss Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this normal?

5 posters

Go down

Is this normal? Empty Is this normal?

Post  Originalluff Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 pm

My second Ddung mini (#22) arrived today. I'm slowly working toward being less of a newbie!

....But when I opened her box and got a look, I was a bit underwhelmed.

Her hair is greasy and doesn't move freely like my other one's does.

She has no cheek blush.

Her eyes seem larger than the other's, and the pupil cuts into the brown iris.

On one eye, the white dot has "bled" a bit, leaving a faint white shadow.

Her skin tone is much more pale, and in some spots it seems very thin.

The "o" of her mouth seems slightly faded and less sharp around the edges than my other.

She has her official hologram box sticker and the seal on the back of her head, but this doll seems carelessly put together.

My first Ddung came in a closed box with a flap held shut with velcro. She was surrounded by paper strips and had a protective bag around her.

This one came in a clear plastic box that reminds me of Chinese take-out, with no padding.

Are these dolls that come in the clear plastic containers usually a bit lower quality?

I'm debating whether or not I should send her back to the seller and I would appreciate your input!

Pictures (the doll in question is wearing purple) :

Is this normal? Tg2Yhl

Is this normal? JEip1l
Is it just me? Or are the eyes of the one in purple larger? See how the pupil cuts into the iris? And the fuzzy white dot? See how she has no blush and her mouth is paler than the other's? Like it's faded?

Is this normal? BbgeXl
Huge difference in skin tone!

Is this normal? BfLjVl
Greasy immovable hair!

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Is this normal? Empty Re: Is this normal?

Post  TrueFan Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Wow! It does sound like she is authentic, and yet there do seem to be some issues. I've not had any issues like that, aside from the hair. You can wash it to help with that. I'm sorry you are disappointed in your second doll.

The packaging does seem to vary a lot, from the cheap plastic to nice cardboard boxes.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chiepoo Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:32 pm

I only have 2 minis, but I have always wondered if one of them is fake. Just like yours, Originalluff, the one that came in the cheap plastic box (Special Mini #23) looks different than the one that came in a nice box with the paper straw (Raincoat Bonggu) as far as skin color and the way the hair is. When I bought Special Mini #23, I didn't realize until she had been shipped that I bought her from a seller in China, and I'm not sure if that made a difference (her face doesn't look authentic to me at all). I do think your second doll looks authentic, though. Maybe just a different batch of plastic?
chiepoo
chiepoo

Back to top Go down

Post  BlytheCarina Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:33 pm

I don't have enough Ddung to help!
Plus no minis.
The two "normal" sized girls i have where pretty well packed and came in a lovely box. No hair problem, but the plastic is cheap, stinks when they first arrive (for quite a while) and has a few random spots within it. I must say that for the price they have, the quality of the plastic is very lousy! I still love them because they're terribly kawaii!!
BlytheCarina
BlytheCarina

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlytheCarina

Back to top Go down

Post  Originalluff Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Well I'm glad to know at least that I'm not alone. I decided to keep the newcomer, and I repainted the white dots on her eyes so that they're even, and the lines are nice and sharp. I also gave her some cheek blush with my chalk pastels. She looks a lot better now. Once I seal her face, I plan to wash her hair until its nice and flowy like the other's.

BlytheCarina, I agree that for the price, the quality is pretty bad. If I hadn't just dropped near $20 on a 4 inch plastic doll, I probably wouldn't complain, but this is a bit much.

Chiepoo, do you have a picture of the doll you feel doesn't have an authentic face? I'm curious to see.

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Originalluff wrote:Well I'm glad to know at least that I'm not alone. I decided to keep the newcomer, and I repainted the white dots on her eyes so that they're even, and the lines are nice and sharp. I also gave her some cheek blush with my chalk pastels. She looks a lot better now. Once I seal her face, I plan to wash her hair until its nice and flowy like the other's.
Looking forward to a photo of the improvements!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chiepoo Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Here are a few shots of her face.
Is this normal? 01

Is this normal? 03

Her head is stamped.
Is this normal? 05

Cripsy hair, lol.
Is this normal? 06

I didn't take any comparison photos, but her skin tone is pinker than mini Bonggu's.
I'm also looking forward to your improvement photos, Originalluff ^_^

Edit: Forgot to add that this dolly came in what I think was sort of rough condition- her packaging had lots of wear, her one shoe has blue stains on it, and both shoes have an orangish stain around the toe on the bottom.
chiepoo
chiepoo

Back to top Go down

Post  applecandy Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 pm

It seems that the minis from that set are a random surprise. TrueFan and I got the same model and mine has dark bron hair and hers has reddish brown hair. They are supposed to be all blonde or brown haired, but one of mine came with reddish brown hair too.
Moreover, some of the big Ddungs also have different haircolor than shown (Flower Garden ivory and Schoolgirl).
But I appreciate that they are at least not expensive dolls since we have seen several flaws on dolls that are definitely more expensive.
applecandy
applecandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Originalluff Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Chiepoo, that's strange. If it weren't for the seal on her head, I would wonder too. I think what's throwing me is that I can see her eyebrows. Does anyone know if Bonguu has different/larger eyes than Ddung? I'm wondering if maybe my new doll got imprinted with his eyes or something, since they're larger, set further apart, and the iris is different.

Anyway, here's a quick comparison of her face before and after I tried to fix it. I tried to match the lighting from the first photo but I just couldn't get it. I assure you though, that it is the same doll.

Is this normal? E5qkw

Applecandy, I've seen around the forums that there is a lot of difference. I'm not too crazy about that because I would like to try to collect one of each hair color. I'll have to remember to ask the seller before I press the buy button.

Do you all get yours from Ebay mostly? That's where I got mine.

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Post  applecandy Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm not sure the seller can predict the hair color he will send, I think they come randomly.

If I can give you any advice, don't buy from miss-pinkheart: I've paid in June and never received a shipping confirmation nor a simple reply to my messages. As if I had money to waste! That's irritating and unpolite.
applecandy
applecandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Originalluff Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Duely noted! I think I actually saw your comment about her somewhere else around here. I scoured this forum from top to bottom before I ordered lol. And the flickr groups...And google. And the Korean pages. And blogs lol XD

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Post  applecandy Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:07 pm

I actually have bought from her before and it went fine, if you don't consider that she uses to send stuff in plastic bags instead of boxes, so the Ddung boxes arrive all dented, but the last order is being a pain. Never order again from her!
applecandy
applecandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Originalluff Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 pm

I ended up getting mine from Legendeux and Idojung. Idojung kind of annoyed me because the auction said "please specify which doll you want in the order's comment section" which I did. But then he sent me a message saying "Oh sorry, I only have 2 dolls left, and the one you want isn't one of them. Which other one do you want?" Like, why would you allow your customers to pick if you don't even HAVE the dolls? That's irritating.

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Post  applecandy Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

That's very irritating! I think I know that sale, is it about animal suit minis? Maybe we can open a thread for bad dolly deals, like the one on Live Journal.

By the way, I forgot to mention that you made an amazing job on your cutie! The blush on her cheeks looks so soft! Smile
applecandy
applecandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Originalluff Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 pm

That would be a great idea I think. Maybe we could also post good deals and/or sales so we can find our little dollies on the cheap too. Very Happy Yes you're right about the seller's listing. Ironically after he sold to me, he changed his listing to say "you can't pick!". I'm guessing so he can get rid of his last doll without a hassle. I'm watching him for a re-stock because I really want the little girl in the yellow rabbit outfit with the big floppy ears (not the one in the dress).

And thank you! It still needs to be sealed on. If I touch it a lot, it'll dust off, but for now its good. I should have washed her hair first, so I could really give it a scrub, but meh. I'll manage.

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:31 am

I agree, her blush looks terrific.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chiepoo Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:14 pm

I agree, too. Nice job touching her up Smile
chiepoo
chiepoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Originalluff Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Thank you! Truefan, do you ever attend Acen in May? Just curious. Its in Rosemont and while I haven't been in recent years, I always see lots of dolly people around when I go.

Originalluff

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 am

I have never been to ACEN, because I'm more into dolls than I am into anime, but if I had people to hang with I'd certainly be open to going.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum