ddung - The Future Miss Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, why do you like Ddung?

+2
BlytheCarina
SydneyGrey
6 posters

Go down

So, why do you like Ddung? Empty So, why do you like Ddung?

Post  SydneyGrey Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Why do you like Ddung?

1. I like that their faces are expressive, even though the face paint is very simple.
2. I like that the mini Ddungs look like smaller brothers and sisters to the large Ddungs, so they look good when they're photographed together.
3. I like the cute outfits, but particularly the bear/rabbit/cat hats! These little guys look great in hats of any sort, though.
4. I love that the company uses polka-dots for a lot of the clothing pieces. They seem to use polka-dots as a running theme in a lot of their stuff, and that's SO CUTE!!

Why do you like Ddung?
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

So, why do you like Ddung? Empty Re: So, why do you like Ddung?

Post  BlytheCarina Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Because they're kawaii in a sort of slight retro way, they have something of some small dolly of the 60's, perhaps the care their outfits are made and their style also. Because they're amazingly super-cute!

The only pity is the low quality of the plastic they're made of, often with tiny imperfections and horrible smell when deboxed. Thing which I'd love they did something about!

BlytheCarina
BlytheCarina

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlytheCarina

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:48 pm

There is something about her that perfectly captures the expression of a four-year-old. And she is so cute! A nice variety of dolls is produced, with many color choices. But mostly it is just her appealing expression.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chiepoo Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

The facial expression is what made me really curious about these dolls ^^ As BlytheCarina said, they remind me of an older type of doll- maybe it's the body shape and type of plastic?

I also like the variety of outfits there are and the quality of the clothes. And also, they are super cute dolls Very Happy
chiepoo
chiepoo

Back to top Go down

Post  BlytheCarina Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:41 am

chiepoo wrote:The facial expression is what made me really curious about these dolls ^^ As BlytheCarina said, they remind me of an older type of doll- maybe it's the body shape and type of plastic?

I also like the variety of outfits there are and the quality of the clothes. And also, they are super cute dolls Very Happy

The type of hard empty plastic for sure and the body shape also!

The quality of their outfits is great also, too bad they keep making new issues instead of some outfit set. I'm also displeased with the cloth booties the latest issues come with, I'd rather have the plastic shoes.
BlytheCarina
BlytheCarina

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlytheCarina

Back to top Go down

Post  applecandy Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:27 am

I like Ddung for her very cute face and for her nicely detailed outfits.
She's a well balanced doll with a simple face and quite detailed outfits.
She's also a good compromise between an effordable doll and a collectible one.

Her simple body and head really reminds of old type plastic dolls, and her simple poses really makes someone think of a little child. I think that would have been not the same if she had a super poseable body!

About the smell of her plastic materials coming out when you open her box, I felt exactly the same sensation that I used to feel when I bought a plastic doll during my childhood. That was very nostalgic, and pleasant on one side. On the other side I wondered if it means the used materials are cheap and even if they are toxic. But being a fine quality product I hope I should not worry about toxicity or she has been retired from ages.

I also like that she comes in different hair colors. This counter balances the lack of different hair styles. I had liked more hairstyles.
What I like the least is that her face is the same in any model and that her irises come in only one color. I like that her eyes are mainly black with brown irises, but I had liked a larger choice on different colors and a few different mouth shapes. This almost makes me think I'm buying the same doll many times, especially if the hair color is the same on more models. On the other side I love that her eyes are black and brown and not the usual blue we have been used to see on Barbie for ages. The good thing on small variety is that this helps me to keep my wishlist shorter.

I'll report also another person's opinion that I think could be interesting.
A friend of mine hates dolls, she even has a phobia on most of dolls, but she likes Ddung! She even considered to get one.
My friend says that Ddung is what she intends a doll should be: a simple and cute face, not wanting to resemble reality, but simply being a cute, simple, adorable toy, as the old ragdolls used to be.
applecandy
applecandy

Back to top Go down

Post  SydneyGrey Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:34 am

applecandy wrote:What I like the least is that her face is the same in any model and that her irises come in only one color. I like that her eyes are mainly black with brown irises, but I had liked a larger choice on different colors and a few different mouth shapes. This almost makes me think I'm buying the same doll many times, especially if the hair color is the same on more models.
I'd love to have a couple other simple mouth shapes, too. The sameness of the faces makes me not want to have more than one of each hair color. But having one of each hair color would be delightful!
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post  applecandy Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:10 pm

That's exactly the same for me! Smile

And maybe I had liked an AA version, but since she's intended to be an Asian girl, maybe that's not the case. But still, I think an AA Ddung would have been adorable!
applecandy
applecandy

Back to top Go down

Post  SydneyGrey Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 pm

A tan-skinned girl would be lovely! I love you
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post  chiepoo Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:03 pm

BlytheCarina wrote:...The only pity is the low quality of the plastic they're made of, often with tiny imperfections...

I've noticed on both of my dolls that there are small bubbles in the plastic along the top of the body, and one of my dolls has little brown spots on her in random places; my other doll has only one brown spot that I've noticed. Have you noticed these, too?
chiepoo
chiepoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bama Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:20 am

What I like about these dolls is that they evoke happy feelings in me. It's ahrd not to smile when I look at them, even though I have only seen photos so far.

I love the use of fun colors & patterns and hair. Very cute! It would be nice to have different hair styles, eye colors, expressions, etc, but then they would cost a lot more. Sometimes simple is best when its done well and I think Ddung is a great example of this.

Bama

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 pm

I love how adorable the dolls are. They are very cute and sweet and innocent-looking, which is just how a doll should look!

I like the different themes and variations that come out -- like Alice in Wonderland or Moon Bunny or Winter Couple. I think they are all very whimsical and storybook-like.

I love the size of the minis - they are very small and portable and work very well with miniature deco items. I make sweets jewelry using fake whip cream and miniature cakes, candies, dollhouse plates, etc. The mini ddungs are just the right size to work with these miniature sweets, so I can set up cute scenes and take photos! I heard that re-ment sets work too, so I'm looking into getting the Rilakkuma cafe sets to use with my Garden Party minis.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down